Monday, August 11, 2008

Meeting Zeus

Jim and I did some hiking on Saturday, up to the tip top of Mount Olympus. We also went down an equal amount, though in a shorter amount of time. 3 hours up, 2 hours back. Here we present to you some footage of the feat. And feet.




This is a video of us at the saddle. If you ask me, the hardest part had just been accomplished, even though the scramble to the top is more appendage-intensive. You know you're on a good hike when your heartbeat reminds you that it shan't be ignored. That's right. Shan't. My heart has a hoity-toity British accent. I think Jim's heart's accent is a rico suave Spanish kind, but you'd have to ask him.




View and video from the top.
Pictures: (click on picture for larger size)































Melted Twix anyone?























For Catherine:


6 comments:

Smarties said...

VERY cool pictures. Way to go, iron men.

Smarties said...

sooooo........ where's the picture with Zeus?
-catherine s.

nathan said...

Sorry Catherine; you're right. We've now updated the post for you.

Smarties said...

Oh wait, I thought Jim had grown a beard during your hike.

Smarties said...

i ment WITH him.
- catherine s.

nathan said...

Well, in a fit of clumsiness, Zeus took the picture of Jim and me, and we only thought to take a picture of Zeus by himself. I mean look at that picture. He was busy defending himself and all, so we didn't want to get in his way.